Fort Worth

Infant dies after being pulled out of bathtub in family’s east Fort Worth home

Drowning can happen in an instant

A video from the Burleson Police Department shows how quickly and easily a small child can drown in a swimming pool, even when parents are nearby.
Up Next
A video from the Burleson Police Department shows how quickly and easily a small child can drown in a swimming pool, even when parents are nearby.

A baby boy died at Cook Children’s Medical Center Monday morning after firefighters responded to a drowning call at a Fort Worth home, authorities said.

The infant was identified as Samuel Symonds, who was pronounced dead at 6:31 a.m. at the Fort Worth hospital, according to the Tarrant County medical examiner’s office. A ruling on his death is pending an autopsy.

Firefighters responded to the scene shortly before 6 a.m. in the 2400 block of Shalon Avenue in east Fort Worth.

The baby, who was born on Jan. 22, had been in a bathtub, authorities said.

Authorities did not release any other details.

Child Protective Services officials are investigating, said CPS spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales in a Monday email.

Another child remains with the parents, Gonzales said.

Related stories from Fort Worth Star Telegram

  Comments