Four people including two children were found dead in a Dallas home, the victims of possible carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Dallas Police Department
The dead are two men who were working in the home, according to news reports. The children are believed to be related to one of the workers, according to reports. They were found in a home in the 1400 block of Owega Avenue just before 9:30 Sunday morning.
When Dallas police and Dallas Fire and Rescue arrived, they immediately detected a strong smell of gas fumes, the police department said. Dallas Fire and Rescue checked the area with detectors and found a high level of carbon monoxide.
Investigators say a generator inside the home was the source of the deadly fumes, according to Star-Telegram media partner WFAA-TV.
The Dallas County medical examiner’s office will perform autopsies to determine the cause of death.