Is another hotel in the works for downtown Fort Worth?
Sacramento-based Presidio Companies, owners of the Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel, appears to be planning a nine-story, 150-room, Hyatt House hotel.
HRGA Architects in Sacramento has posted a rendering of the hotel on its website, saying the project is in a feasibility study phase. A location is not disclosed.
Calls to Presidio’s Guneet Bajwa, chief operating officer, and Sushil Patel, managing partner, were not returned.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
Downtown officials say they have had no contact with the company regarding the plans.
Market studies have shown that there’s demand for more hotel rooms downtown, and this project would join a bunch of others aiming to fill that need. Right now, 1,035 hotel rooms are under construction or in the pipeline.
▪ a 180-room Aloft in City Place.
▪ a 162-room Hilton Garden Inn on Jones Street behind Mt. Gilead Church
▪ a 114-room Fairfield Inn & Suites, which is the renovation of the former Park Central hotel on Houston Street
▪ a 245-room Hampton Inn & Suites on Commerce Street across from the Fort Worth Convention Center
▪ a 165-room Marriott Autograph in the Sinclair Building on Fifth Street
▪ a planned 169-room AC hotel on the parking lot that abuts the Kress Building.