Two Arlington firefighters and an Arlington Water Utilities crew member were injured while responding to a gas leak Sunday afternoon in central Arlington.
All three were transported to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. The extent of their injuries is not known.
Arlington Water Utilities crews were repairing a water line leak at the intersection of Ditto Avenue and Dugan Street, according to Arlington Fire Department spokesman Mike Joiner. As they cleared asphalt to begin excavation, they hit an Atmos gas line.
Joiner said the crews stopped work and contacted Atmos Energy and the Arlington Fire Department.
As excess water was being pumped out so repairs to the gas line could begin, gas ignited.
The Arlington Fire Department and Atmos crews worked to mitigate the effects of the gas leak.