Fort Worth’s Meacham Field used to sit all by itself in an empty pasture on the north side of town.
While the airport started off with dirt runways and a small caretaker cottage, by 1934, the airport had a main administration building and a hangar for American Airways.
This photo from the Star-Telegram archives was shot in January, 1934 and shows part of the paved runway and taxiways with N. Main Street near the top of the photo.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.