An electrical problem ignited a fast-spreading fire early Thursday that heavily damaged a strip shopping center near South Freeway, a fire official said. No injuries were reported.
The fire was reported shortly before 1 a.m. at Metro Insurance in the 6900 block of South Freeway.
Firefighters found heavy fire and smoke that spread to nearby businesses, fire Capt. Tom Crow said in a news release. The blaze was under control by 1:20 a.m.
Investigators determined that an electrical malfunction occurred inside the insurance office, and the fire was ruled an accident, Crow said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
An employee at Brilliant Minds Learning Center, near the insurance office, said Thursday that fire officials had cleared it to reopen.