As summer hits and travelers start firming up their globe-hopping plans, various tour operators, airlines and others are offering deals to attract them. Here’s a selection that might catch your attention:
▪ Villa Buena Onda, a boutique hotel in Costa Rica, has a perks-filled package with savings of $600. The deal includes one 50-minute couples massage and a boat tour for two to secluded beaches in the Papagayo Gulf with snorkeling, a barbecue lunch, a naturalist guide and drinks. Rates start at $161 per person per night, plus tax, and include three meals a day, soft drinks, beach shuttles and Wi-Fi. A four-night minimum stay ($1,482 for two, including taxes) is required. Travel through Labor Day. Info: 800-414-0159, www.villabuenaonda.com.
▪ Lake Morey Resort, in Fairlee, Vt., is offering a Kids Stay & Eat Free package for midweek travel June 29-Aug. 20. The deal is valid for children 12 and younger and applies to one child per adult sharing a room. Prices vary. For example, a family of four sharing a deluxe room in mid-August is now about $477 per night, including taxes — a savings of about $100. Package includes lodging, breakfast, dinner and activities. Info: 800-423-1211, www.lakemoreyresort.com.
▪ Book a 2016 France river cruise with Avalon Waterways by June 23 and save 15 percent. For example, the seven-night Paris to Normandy’s Landing Beaches cruise on the Seine River now starts at $2,082 per person double for the March 22 departure, a savings of $367. Port charges are an extra $147. Info: 877-797-8791, www.avalonwaterways.com.
▪ With the company American Queen Steamboat, save 60 percent on select 2015 sailings aboard the American Empress and 50 percent on select 2015 sailings on the American Queen. For example, a Columbia and Snake rivers cruise on the Empress, which departs July through October, now starts at $1,499 per person double (plus $129 port charges), a savings of $2,296. The trip includes a seven-night cruise and a one-night hotel stay in Vancouver, Wash. Book and pay in full by June 30. Info: 888-749-5280, www.americanqueensteamboatcompany.com/promotions.
▪ Windstar Cruises is offering three free shore excursions on its summer Greece and Turkey cruises, plus more than 50 percent off the rate and a special private event for passengers. For example, the nine-day Gems of the Aegean cruise, which sails from Istanbul to Athens on July 17, now starts at $3,959 per person double, with taxes; the original price was $9,199. The deal includes the free excursions and event (for the Gems of the Aegean cruise: Knossos Palace and Heraklion on Crete; a coach tour of Santorini; and the Virgin Mary’s house and Ephesus in Kusadasi, Turkey, plus a five-course dinner in the courtyard of the Library in Ephesus). The deal applies to four itineraries. Book by June 27. Info: 888-210-4485, www.windstarcruises.com.
▪ SmarTours is offering an 11-night South Africa Highlights & Safari from $2,499 per person double, a savings of at least $500 per person. The trip includes airfare from New York to Cape Town, with return from Johannesburg; flight from Cape Town to Durban; four nights at the Southern Sun Cape Sun Hotel in Cape Town; two nights at Emdoneni Lodge in Hluhluwe; one night at the Lugogo Sun Hotel in Ezulwini, Swaziland; two nights at Kruger Gate Lodge at the entrance to Kruger National Park; two nights at Garden Court Sandton City Hotel outside Johannesburg; 18 meals; tours and safari drives; land transportation; tour guide; and taxes. For lowest rates, depart Oct. 27 or Nov. 24. Book by June 25. Payment via credit card costs an extra $100. Info: 800-337-7773, www.smartours.com.