Valentine’s Day is for lovers, and that includes lovers of all things chocolate, like this chocolate-covered cherry martini from Simply Fondue. With layers of dark chocolate liqueur, cherry vodka and cherry juice, it’s a sweet and creamy take on the treasured candy. Whip one up for that special someone or be devilishly selfish and savor it all by yourself.
Chocolate-Covered Cherry Martini
• Chocolate whipped cream for rimming glass
• 1 maraschino cherry
• 1 ounce Godiva dark chocolate liqueur
• 1 ounce cherry-flavored vodka
• 3 ounces heavy cream
• 1/2 ounce maraschino cherry juice
1. Dip the rim of a martini glass into chocolate whipped cream. Place the cherry in the bottom of the glass.
2. Add chocolate liqueur, vodka and cream to an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. Strain into glass. Top with cherry juice and serve.
— 111 W. Fourth St., Fort Worth, 817-348-0633, www.simplyfonduefortworth.com
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.