While you’re busy stocking your bar with the perfect libations for a holiday get-together, don’t forget the little ones on your guest list. Mocktails, or non-alcoholic cocktails, are a great way for party hosts to help kids feel included when it’s time for grown-ups to toast with champagne or drink coffee with dessert. Here are five festive drinks inspired by the magic children feel during the Christmas season.
Candy Cane Shooters
• 1 cup milk
• 1/2 cup Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
• 12 mini candy canes
1. In small saucepan, bring milk to a simmer.
2. Slowly stir in melting wafers and vanilla extract. Continue stirring until wafers are completely melted, then set aside to cool.
3. Place six mini candy canes in a sandwich bag and crush with a rolling pin or hammer.
4. Rim shot glasses with marshmallow creme and candy cane bits.
5. Carefully pour the white chocolate milk into each shot glass. Garnish with mini candy cane.
The Grinch’s Green Punch
• 2-liter bottle of Sprite
• 4 (6-ounce) cans
• Green food coloring
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• Red food coloring
• 1 gallon lime sherbet
1. Combine Sprite and pineapple juice in a pitcher or punch bowl.
2. Stir in 3-4 drops of green food coloring to add more color.
3. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar with three drops of red food coloring. Mix well.
4. Wet rim of each glass with water and gently press into sugar. Shake off excess.
5. Gently place three small scoops of lime sherbet into each glass.
6. Slowly pour or ladle drink into each glass until filled to the top.
Frozen Hot Chocolate ‘Martini’
• 2 packets Nestle Milk
Chocolate Cocoa Mix
• 6 ounces milk
• 1 tablespoon Smucker’s
Hot Fudge Topping
• 1 1/2-2 cups crushed ice
• Kraft Jet-Puffed Marsh
• Chocolate sprinkles
• 1 can whipped topping
1. In a blender, combine hot chocolate packets, milk, hot fudge topping and ice. Blend until drink has the consistency of a milkshake.
2. Rim martini glass with marshmallow creme and chocolate sprinkles.
3. Carefully pour chocolate mixture into martini glass and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
Cotton Candy Quencher
• 3 SweeTarts Candy Canes
• Kraft Jet-Puffed
• 1 cup cotton candy
• 1 Perrier Lime Flavor
1. Place candy canes in a sandwich bag and crush with a rolling pin or hammer.
2. Rim glass with marshmallow creme and candy cane bits.
3. Fill glass to the top with cotton candy.
4. To finish, carefully pour the lime-flavored Perrier over the cotton candy.
Sparkling Sugar Plum Spritzer
• 2 egg whites
• 1 cup fresh cranberries
• 1 cup red grapes
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1 plum, sliced
• 2 bottles grape juice
• 4 cups cranberry juice
• 1/3 cup lime juice
1. In a small bowl, whip egg whites until frothy.
2. Dip cranberries and red grapes into egg whites. Shake off excess.
3. Gently roll cranberries and grapes in sugar. Set aside to dry.
4. On a cocktail pick, skewer plum slices, cranberries and red grapes.
5. Combine grape juice, cranberry juice and lime juice in a pitcher.
6. Serve drink over ice and garnish with fruity cocktail picks.