▪ The Fort Worth Orchid Society show and sale will be 9 a.m.-5 p.m. March 26 in Redbud Hall of the Deborah Beggs Moncrief Garden Center, Fort Worth Botanic Garden, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd.
▪ Master naturalist Leigh Langford’s family-friendly walk through the Cross Timbers will be at 9:15 a.m. March 26 at Bob Jones Nature Center in Southlake. It’s $5 per person. 355 E. Bob Jones Road. 817-491-6333; bjnc.org.
▪ Meet the new roses of 2016 during a class at 10:15 a.m. March 26 at all area Calloway’s stores. calloways.com.
▪ Get the scoop on “Snake ID,” 2:30-3:30 p.m. March 26 at the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge. At 2 p.m. March 27, join staff members on a “Capturing Spring” photography hike. Both programs are free with paid admission ($2-$5).
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
At 8:30 a.m. April 1, take an “Early Birds” hike with a naturalist, bringing along your camera and binoculars. Registration is required.
The refuge is at 9601 Fossil Ridge Road, Fort Worth. 817-392-7410; www.fwnaturecenter.org.
▪ Take a free “Urban Wildlife 101” class, 10 a.m.-noon March 26 at the River Legacy Living Science Center, and learn about coyotes, bobcats, opossums and more from wildlife rehabilitator Blen Nobert. Best for age 16 and older. Reservation required.
703 N.W. Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington. 817-860-6752; riverlegacy.org.
▪ Organic gardening expert Jay Mertz, of Rabbit Hill, will speak at the Arlington Organic Garden Club meeting, 7:30 p.m. March 31 at the Bob Duncan Center, 2800 S. Center St., Arlington. Social time begins at 7. For more information, call contact Bob Ressl, 817-265-0696.
▪ The popular Butterflies in the Garden, an exhibit of live, exotic butterflies, runs through April 3 at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden. It is open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. daily. Admission is $10, $8 seniors, $6 ages 3-12, free for kids younger than 3. To purchase timed-entry tickets online, visit www.bitg16.org. For more information, call 817-392-5510 or visit www.fwbg.org. The conservatory is at 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd., Fort Worth.
▪ Get your gardening questions answered with a call to the Tarrant County Master Gardener Association help desk, 817-884-1944. Hours are 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
▪ Johnson County Master Gardeners also answer gardening questions and give advice 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Fridays. Call the Johnson County Extension Office at 817-556-6370 and ask to speak to a master gardener.
Mark your calendar …
▪ For the Moonlight African Violet and Gesneriad Society’s show and sale, 1-4 p.m. April 2 at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden’s Moncrief Garden Center, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd.
▪ For April 4, the deadline to order 50-gallon rain barrels, $72.50, and 65-gallon compost bins, $67.50, from the Botanical Research Institute of Texas and the city of Fort Worth’s sale. Order at www.rainbarrelprogram.org/britfortworth. Pick them up 9 a.m.-noon April 9 at BRIT, 1700 University Drive, Fort Worth. www.brit.org.