▪ BRIT’s First Saturday program, including a farmers market, will be 8 a.m.-noon Saturday at the Botanical Research Institute of Texas, 1700 University Drive, Fort Worth. 817-332-4441; www.brit.org.
▪ The Colleyville Garden Club’s spring plant sale will be 9 a.m.-2 p.m Saturday at the Historic Webb House, 408 Shelton Drive, Colleyville. www.colleyvillegardenclub.com.
▪ Learn about native plants that will work with instead of against our hot summers during a free clinic at 10:15 a.m. Saturday at all area Calloway’s stores. www.calloways.com.
▪ The North Central Texas Chapter of the Native Plant Society of Texas will have its spring plant sale 10 a.m.-noon Saturday at Redenta’s Garden, 5111 W. Arkansas Lane, Arlington. 817-451-2149; www.redentas.com.
▪ Don James, senior geologist with Freese and Nichols, will talk about North Texas geological phenomena in “A Local Geology — A Snapshot in Time,” at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge. Take a short hike and learn about spring and summer wildflowers. Both activities are free with admission ($2-$5). James’ talk Saturday is approved for Master Naturalist advanced training hours. 9601 Fossil Ridge Road, Fort Worth. 817-392-7410; www.fwnaturecenter.org.
▪ Take part in the live animal exploration, 2 p.m. Saturday at the River Legacy Living Science Center, 703 N.W. Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington. RSVP to 817-860-6752. www.riverlegacy.org.
▪ Azle’s biennial Green Scene Garden Tour will be noon-4:30 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $15; for ticket sale locations or information about sack lunches or the “pop-up shop,” call the Azle Chamber of Commerce, 817-444-1112, or visit www.azlechamber.com.
Mark your calendar …
▪ For the Fort Worth Cactus and Succulent Society’s 32nd annual spring show and sale May 8-10 in the Macy’s court at Ridgmar Mall in Fort Worth.
▪ For the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge’s Buffalo Boogie Fun Run, May 9. To register, visit www.fwnaturecenter.org.
▪ For the 33rd annual Fairmount Historic Tour of Homes, May 9 and 10. Advance tickets are $15 at Butler’s Antiques, Old Home Supply, Montgomery Street Antique Mall, Old Neighborhood Grill or online at www.historicfairmount.com.
▪ For the fifth annual Wise Chicks Coop Tour, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. May 9, in Decatur. The tour begins at a 9 a.m. “Backyard Chickens 101” seminar at the Wise County Fairgrounds; maps for the self-guided coop tour will be available there. For more information, call 940-627-3341 or visit wise.agrilife.org.
▪ For the Fort Worth Bonsai Society’s annual auction and raffle, 10 a.m. May 9 in the conservatory of the Forth Worth Botanic Gardens. Bonsai trees, pots, tools, books, magazines and starter plants will be available.