▪ The Grapevine Garden Club’s spring plant sale will be 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday at the Grapevine Botanical Gardens, Heritage Park, 411 Ball St. www.grapevinegardenclub.org.
▪ Learn about Burpee plants for shade and sun during a free clinic at 10:15 a.m. Saturday at all area Calloway’s stores. www.calloways.com.
▪ Bring the kids to a free story time and activity, 11 a.m. Saturday at the River Legacy Living Science Center, 703 N.W. Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington. To RSVP, call 817-860-6752, ext. 105. The center will be closed April 25 for the 26th annual Cardboard Boat Regatta at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor. Pre-sale tickets are $6 at the center through Friday, April 24. www.riverlegacy.org.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Flowercade 2015, presented by the Garden Club Council of Fort Worth, Fort Worth Iris Society and Fort Worth Rose Society, will be 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 1-5 p.m. Sunday at the Deborah Beggs Moncrief Garden Center at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd. Activities include a rose sale and rose crafts for children, flower show, classes and more. www.fortworthrosesociety.org.
▪ Learn about native bees during a presentation and short walk, 1:30-3 p.m. Saturday at the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge. At 1:30 and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, a wildflower hike along the Limestone Ledge Trail will be offered. Both activities are free with admission ($2-$5). At 7:30 p.m. Thursday, take an evening stroll with a naturalist. It’s $10 per person, $5 members, and registration is required. 9601 Fossil Ridge Road, Fort Worth, 817-392-7410, www.fwnaturecenter.org.
Mark your calendar …
▪ For the Tarrant County Master Gardener plant sale, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. April 25 at Tarrant County Resource Connection, 1801 Circle Drive, Fort Worth. http://www.tarrantmg.org.
▪ For a free class on organic fertilizer and mycorrhizal fungi, 10 a.m. April 25 at Trinity Haymarket, 1715 Market Center Blvd., Dallas. To reserve a seat, call 214-202-2163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ For the Spring Festival in the Japanese Garden, April 25 and 26 in the Fort Worth Botanic Garden, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $6, $3 for children ages 4-12.
▪ For the 10th annual Prairie Fest, 11 a.m. to sunset April 25 in the Tandy Hills Natural Area, 3400 View St., Fort Worth. www.tandyhills.org.