▪ Join a free children’s story time at 11 a.m. Saturday at the River Legacy Living Science Center. RSVP to 817-860-6752. The center, 703 N.W. Green Oaks Blvd. in Arlington, will be closed Thursday and Friday. 817-860-6752; www.riverlegacy.org
<z_sym_square_bullet>Learn all about wild turkeys, 1:30-3 p.m. Saturday at the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge. From noon-4 p.m. Sunday, join the monthly Canoe Fest. It’s $5 per person and first come, first served. Participants meet in the Big River parking lot. Canoes, paddles and lifejackets are provided.
Thanksgiving week activities include bison-feeding hayrides at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday. The rides are $15 per person, free for kids age 3 and younger. A children’s turkey craft activity will be available 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday. The refuge will be closed Thanksgiving Day.
Most nature center programs are free with paid admission ($2-$5). You may register online. The refuge is at 9601 Fossil Ridge Road, Fort Worth. 817-392-7410; www.fwnaturecenter.org.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
▪ Tickets for the 32nd annual Colleyville Woman’s Club Holiday Home Tour are on sale at various restaurants and businesses in Colleyville, Grapevine, North Richland Hills and Southlake. The tickets are $25 in advance, $30 on day of tour. The tour will be 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 4 and will feature five decorated homes, along with Santa’s Sweet Stop. For more information, including ticket sale locations, visit c-w-c.org or call 817-358-1805.
▪ Get your gardening questions answered with a call to the Tarrant County Master Gardener Association help desk, 817-884-1944. Hours are 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
▪ Johnson County Master Gardeners also answer gardening questions and give advice 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Fridays. Call the Johnson County Extension Office at 817-556-6370 and ask to speak to a master gardener.
Mark your calendar
▪ For the Teddy Bear Picnic at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden on Nov. 29. For more information, call 817-392-5548. 3200 Botanic Garden Blvd., Fort Worth. fwbg.org
Send announcements of local home and garden happenings (including retail news) at least two weeks in advance to Places to Go, Features Department, Star-Telegram, Box 1870, Fort Worth, TX 76101, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Places to Go” in the subject line.