It’s a tough job, but somebody’s gotta do it. Judge the finalists in our holiday cookie contest, that is.
If you’ve got a sweet tooth and a knack for picking the best cookies from every party platter, now’s your chance to put your skills to use.
We’re inviting the public to help judge the cookie finalists in our 2016 Very Merry Cookie Challenge holiday bake-off. We’ve partnered with Central Market Fort Worth to make this year’s reader contest the best yet. Our preliminary judges have been hard at work this week choosing the final 12 cookie recipes from among the dozens that were submitted by readers.
The finalists are being asked to bring their cookies to a public tasting at Central Market on Dec. 4. Winners will be announced in the Star-Telegram on Dec. 11, and all finalists’ recipes will be printed in the newspaper and available online.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
Here’s what you need to know to judge:
1. Judging of the finalists’ cookies will take place at a come-and-go event at Central Market Fort Worth Cooking School between 1 and 4 p.m. Dec. 4.
3. Tickets are limited and expected to sell out, so reserve them early; they likely won’t be available at the door. No one will be admitted without a paid ticket; no exceptions.
4. All registrants must sample a portion of each cookie to be fair to all of the finalists.
5. Finalists who wish to vote must buy a ticket.
6. All ages are welcome; children must be supervised.
7. Rules of the Central Market Cooking School events, including refund policy, apply.
Questions? Email email@example.com.