Cookie bakers, have you entered your best recipe in our Very Merry Cookie Challenge yet?
Entries are due Sunday, Nov. 13, so don’t delay.
The contest is deliciously simple: We want readers to submit their most delectable, most creative, most requested cookie recipe for judging — the one so special, you’d leave it out for Santa.
Finalists will be chosen to bake their cookies for a public tasting event at Central Market on Dec. 4. That’s right — even if you don’t enter, you’ll get a chance to judge.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
To make things sweeter, Central Market will donate a portion of the proceeds from the cookie-tasting event to The Goodfellow Fund, the Star-Telegram’s annual holiday charity that benefits needy families in the community.
Here’s what you need to know to compete and judge:
1. To enter, click here for the entry form. It will prompt you to enter the name of your recipe, ingredients, instructions and additional notes. Uploading a photo of the recipe is encouraged but not required. You also will be asked to provide your name, address, phone number and email address. Incomplete entry forms will be disqualified.
Alternatively, you may email your entry directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Cookie contest entry.” All of the above information must be included.
2. Deadline to enter is 11:59 p.m. Nov. 13.
3. Finalists will be notified by email Nov. 18 and asked to bring in 10 dozen cookies for tasting at Central Market on Dec. 4. No exceptions.
4. One entry per baker. There is no age limit; kids are welcome to enter but must follow the same rules as adults.
5. The entry can be a traditional cookie or a bar, chocolate or fruit, easy or complicated, decadent or special-diet. The sky is the limit — but it must be a cookie and an original creation. Please do not start with a mix, a box or premade cookie dough, and do not plagiarize someone else’s recipe.
6. Past winners and runners-up may enter again. Star-Telegram and Central Market employees and their immediate families are not allowed to enter.
All finalists will receive a $50 Central Market gift card and will have their recipe printed in the Star-Telegram. One will be named Grand Prize winner and will receive a $150 Central Market gift card. The winner will be revealed in the Star-Telegram on Dec. 11.
1. Judging of the finalists’ cookies will take place at a come-and-go event at Central Market Fort Worth Cooking School between 1 and 4 p.m. Dec. 4.
3. Tickets are limited and expected to sell out, so reserve them early; they likely won’t be available at the door. No one will be admitted without a paid ticket; no exceptions.
4. All registrants must sample a portion of each cookie to be fair to all the finalists.
5. Finalists who wish to vote must buy a ticket.
6. All ages are welcome; children must be supervised.
7. Rules of the Central Market Cooking School events, including refund policy, apply.
Questions? Email email@example.com.