’Tis the season for gingerbread houses, cozy sweaters and welcoming back everyone’s favorite mischievous sprite — The Elf on the Shelf.
To count down to Santa’s arrival, we’re asking our readers to snap an “elfie,” or a picture of your family’s elf in action, and share it with us on social media. The more creative the photo, the better chance you have of catching our attention (extra points for those who also send in a video).
Each submission will be considered for inclusion in a story to be published on Christmas Eve in Life & Arts and online at Star-Telegram.com.
To share your elfie, please follow these instructions:
1. If you’re social media-minded, upload a photo or video to your personal Instagram, Twitter or Facebook account and use the hashtag #STelfie.
2. Find and tag one of the Star-Telegram’s social media accounts in your post. (For example, tag @startelegram or @stfeatures on Twitter, @startelegram on Instagram and Fort Worth Star-Telegram on Facebook). Be sure to change your privacy settings to “public” so we can see the post.
3. In your post, provide your name, age and residence, as well as the name of your elf. If submitting through Instagram or Facebook, you may also include a short description (200 words or fewer) about your elfie.
4. Not a social media user? Simply send an email with the title “Show Us Your Elfie” to cortega@star-telegram. Email should include a photo or video of your elf, your elf’s name, your name, age and residence. You may also include a short description of the photo (200 words or fewer).
A few guidelines:
▪ You must be a resident of North Texas to play along.
▪ There’s no limit to the number of photos you may send, but we’re looking for only the most creative to publish.
▪ By posting a submission, you are agreeing to let the Star-Telegram use the photo and your name in print, online and on social media.
▪ Deadline for posts to be considered for publication is Dec. 14.