Additional tests on marijuana-laced brownies that were confiscated Monday at Byron Nelson High School in Trophy Club showed that they also contained LSD, Trophy Club police said Wednesday.
One of the brownies was eaten by a 17-year-old student, who passed out and had to be taken to the hospital.
"Test results came back showing that there was LSD in the brownies," said Trophy Club police commander Lee Delk on Wednesday. "That is why it made her so sick and caused her to go unconscious."
A 15-year-old student at the Trophy Club school accused of providing the brownie to the girl now faces stiffer drug charges, police said.
"It could go from a delivery of marijuana to possession of a controlled substance," Delk said.
The boy was taken to the Denton County Juvenile Detention Center on Monday and later released.
Neither student was identified.
The girl was taken to Baylor Regional Medical Center at Grapevine Monday afternoon where she was treated.
A school nurse contacted a school resource officer shortly before 1:30 p.m. Monday about a sick girl at the Trophy Club school, which is in the Northwest school district.
The girl became ill after eating the brownie and eventually became unconscious, police said.
"Once she told us who had given it to her we questioned the boy," Delk said.
The boy apparently knew the girl, Trophy Club police said.
"He didn't give brownies to anyone else," Delk said.
Authorities found more brownies crumbled in a plastic bag.
A field test was conducted on the brownies and they tested positive for marijuana, Delk said.
"He did not make the brownies," Delk said. "He claimed to have received them from another Byron Nelson student."
No charges will be pursued against that student because it was a he said/he said situation, Delk said.
Northwest spokeswoman Lesley Weaver said the district is cooperating with Trophy Club police.
"Discipline is appropriate," Weaver said. "And it will follow the consequences outlined in our student handbook and code of conduct."
Domingo Ramirez Jr., 817-390-7763