A fifth-grader was injured Tuesday morning at Norwood Elementary School in Burleson when he put a paper clip into a power outlet, a school official said.
The boy was taken to Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth, suffering from burned fingertips.
His condition was unavailable, but school officials reported to emergency workers that his vital signs were good.
School officials called for medical help shortly after 11 a.m. from the school, 619 Evelyn Lane.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
The school has about 500 students from pre-kindergarten to fifth grade.