The thunderstorms that lit up the skies of far north Fort Worth and Denton County on Wednesday night will likely be more widespread the rest of the week.
There's a 40 percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today -- with the threat of high winds and hail -- increasing to 60 percent tonight and Friday, according to meteorologists with the National Weather Service in Fort Worth.
The early-morning forecast calls for only light rain Thursday morning in Dallas-Fort Worth.
High temperatures today and Friday should drop into the low 80s, with lows each night in the 60s. The high Wednesday was 87.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The threat of rain will decrease slightly Saturday and Sunday.