This year’s Peeps Show is going to take place at Fort Worth’s favorite silver-domed theater, Casa Mañana.
The Star-Telegram has partnered with Casa to display all the entries in our ninth annual Peeps Diorama Contest. The public will get to vote for the winners, which will be revealed in the Life & Arts section on Easter Sunday, April 5. But entrants need to finish them quickly — Monday is drop-off day!
Please read the following instructions carefully, whether you want to enter the contest or check out the display.
Dropping off entries:
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
▪ The dioramas must be dropped off between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday (March 23) in the lobby of Casa Mañana, 3101 W. Lancaster Ave. Park in the main parking lot and enter through the main doors. Those entering the contest may designate someone else to drop off their entry.
▪ Entries must be complete upon drop-off. Finishing them on-site will not be allowed.
▪ Make sure contact information is written on the diorama.
Making the entry:
▪ Make a diorama (a miniature 3-D model) using Peeps. Other materials are also permitted.
▪ The base of the entry should be square and should not exceed 2 feet by 2 feet. The base can be made of wood, cardboard or other materials but should be easily carried up and down stairs by one person. No wheels, please. Alternatively, the diorama may be created in a standard-size shoe box.
▪ Make sure all materials are securely fastened. We will not fix broken dioramas, nor will we supply adhesive at the time of drop-off.
▪ Each person entering can work on only one entry.
▪ Include the entrants’ names, ages, addresses and phone numbers, as well as an email address. You are also encouraged to write, in 100 words or fewer, a few sentences about the creation of the diorama. This must be securely fastened to the back or bottom.
▪ If you are a winner, you must agree to have your name and photo in the Star-Telegram, and on its websites, social-media sites and promotional materials.
▪ Entrants must live in North Texas.
▪ Entries that are not chosen as winners will not be returned.
Viewing and voting:
▪ The public may view the display for free in the Casa Mañana lobby Tuesday through April 5. Hours are noon-4 p.m. Tuesdays-Fridays, noon-5 p.m. Saturdays and 1-4 p.m. Sundays.
▪ Judging will take place during regular display hours Tuesday through Thursday (March 24-26). Ballots with instructions will be provided.
▪ One vote per person per day will be allowed.
Prizes: Winners will receive prize packages of spring-themed goodies.