Hatch a summer travel plan with the help of deals and discounts. Here are five ideas to consider:
1. British Virgin Islands. Are you in the mood for an island holiday? If so, check out the Summer Freedom program offered in the British Virgin Islands, a paradise that promises no building is taller than the highest palm tree. Comprising more than 60 palm-fringed islands, the British Virgin Islands is home to a wide range of hotels, resorts, villas and sailing vessels, many of which offer deals, discounts and kids-stay-free options.
From the luxurious, family-friendly digs you’ll find on Richard Branson’s Necker Island to more modest inns on white sandy beaches, you’ll want to pack your flip-flops and plan on indulging in some well-priced lobster, roti, water sports and sun-drenched fun.
2. Kingsmill Resort, Williamsburg, Va. Book the Ultimate Family Fun Vacation this summer and expect condo-style accommodations, tickets to Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg, plus free breakfast each day.
While on the property, take advantage of included options like lazy river pools, fishing, tennis, golf and a menu of water sports. New riverside cottage accommodations of up to four bedrooms also may be available. Valid through Sept. 5.
3. Zemi Beach House, Anguilla. Book one room in this dreamy destination and get the second for the kids at half price. Your youngsters will also receive complimentary access to the Kids Club each day as well as the option to join in a supervised, kids-only movie night during your family getaway.
Expect unique amenities as well as cozy bathrobes for your whole crew upon arrival. Dig your toes into rose-colored sand, sample water sports, visit the spa and hike along the scenic coastline. Stay four nights and your fifth night is free.
4. Costa Rica. Participate in Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort’s Reforest the Rainforest initiative to help preserve the local environment and the habitat for the area’s more than 150 species of birds and other wildlife, specifically the endangered scarlet macaw.
You’ll hike amid the 1,100-acre rain forest and help plant a native tonka bean tree along the property’s La Iguana golf course where views of Herradura Beach and the Pacific Ocean provide inspiration. Take advantage of free Spanish lessons during your stay. Ask about the Unlimited Golf, Spa and Smile Big packages.
5. New York Hilton. How would your family live in New York? Now you can experiment with “living like a local” through this iconic Midtown hotel’s #FindYourNYC summer program. Local experts will craft an itinerary full of hidden gems, based on your personality type and interests.
Whether you are a fashionista, a Broadway fan or a culinary maven, you’ll find out how to indulge your passions as if you were a full-time resident of the city that never sleeps.
You’ll also be in good company. The hotel has played host to every president since JFK.
Lynn O’Rourke Hayes is the editor of FamilyTravel.com. Email her at lohayes@FamilyTravel.com.