▪ Scout Badge Day at the River Legacy Living Science Center will be 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Naturalists will help Scouts complete badge requirements. Cost is $10 per Scout. For more information, call 817-860-6752. At 10 a.m. Thursday, learn about owls in the “Nature Adventurers” series for kids 2 1/2 to 5 years old. Cost is $15 per child and adult; $5 for an additional child. RSVP to 817-860-6752. River Legacy is at 703 N.W. Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington. www.riverlegacy.org.
▪ A free backyard-chickens workshop will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Trinity Haymarket, 1715 Market Center Blvd., Dallas. Light breakfast served at 10 a.m. RSVP to 214-202-2163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Let the kids join a naturalist on a search for “Animal Tracks, Scats & Signs” on the trails of the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge. The program is 1-3 p.m. Saturday. From 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday, kids and adults can learn about winter bird feeding. Both days’ activities are free with paid admission ($2-$5).
From 5 to 6:20 p.m. Thursday, take an evening stroll with a naturalist. It’s $10; $5 for members. At 10:30 a.m. Friday, kids ages 3-5 can attend Preschool Discovery Club. It’s $10 per child with one adult. Admission fee is included. 9601 Fossil Ridge Road, Fort Worth. www.fwnaturecenter.org.
▪ Get your gardening questions answered with a call to the Tarrant County Master Gardener Association help desk, 817-884-1944. Hours are 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
▪ Johnson County Master Gardeners also answer gardening questions and give advice 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Fridays. Call the Johnson County Extension Office at 817-556-6370 and ask to speak to a master gardener.