▪ Take the kids to hear seasonal stories during a story time, 11 a.m. Saturday at the River Legacy Living Science Center, 703 N.W. Green Oaks Blvd. at Cooper Street. RSVP to 817-860-6752. The center will be closed Wednesday and Thursday. www.riverlegacy.org.
▪ Test your powers of observation during a “winter creeping” hike, 1:30-3 p.m. Sunday on the trails of the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge. It’s free with paid admission ($2-$5). Friday, beginning at 10:30 a.m., kids ages 3-5 will learn about birds that live in the area during a “Fabulous Feathers” session of the Preschool Discovery Club. Registration required. It’s $10 per child, including one adult and admission to the refuge, and $5 for members. 9601 Fossil Ridge Road, Fort Worth, 817-392-7410; www.fwnaturecenter.org.
▪ The “Dressed in Holiday Style” exhibit, sponsored by Historic Fort Worth Inc., will feature period fashions created by Mary Kathryn Anderson at Thistle Hill through Sunday. www.historicfort worth.org. Admission is $15, $7.50 for children under 12. For more information about tours, email suzy_coleman@historic fortworth.org.
▪ Also, see holiday plants and decorated trees throughout the Fort Worth Botanic Garden Center through Dec. 28. 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd., Fort Worth. 817-392-5510; fwbg.org.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
▪ Get your gardening questions answered with a call to the Tarrant County Master Gardener Association help desk, 817-884-1944. Hours are 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
▪ Johnson County Master Gardeners answer gardening questions and give horticultural advice 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Fridays. Simply call the Johnson County Extension Office at 817-556-6370 and ask to speak to a master gardener.