▪ Maria Panagopoulos of Birds Unlimited and Neita El-Arab of the Fort Worth Audubon Society will lead a winter birding workshop beginning at 8:30 a.m. Saturday at River Legacy Parks. For age 15 and older. Participants will craft bird feeders from recyclable material. It’s $5 per person. At 11 a.m. Saturday, bring the kids to a free story time. 703 N.W. Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington. Register for the workshop or RSVP for story time at 817-860-6752, ext. 102 or 104.
▪ Practice your powers of observation with “Nature Creeping,” 1-3 p.m. Saturday at the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge. From 1:30 to 3 p.m. Sunday, join “Art in the Park: Watercolor Using Nature’s Fall Colors.” Bring a sketchbook, No. 10 paintbrush and other supplies, including a small container for water. Both activities are free with paid admission ($2-$5); Sunday’s art workshop is for age 14 and older.
Thanksgiving week activities at the refuge will include a free woodpecker walk at 9:30 a.m. Monday; bison feeding hayrides, $16 per person, Tuesday and Wednesday; and a full moon paddle, $20, $15 members, on Wednesday. Registration required for hayrides and canoeing. The refuge is at 9601 Fossil Ridge Road, Fort Worth. 817-392-7410; www.fwnaturecenter.org.
▪ Attend the Teddy Bear Tea Party, 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Backyard Vegetable Garden of the Fort Worth Botanic Garden, 3312 Rock Springs Road. Kids bring teddy bears; juice and cookies will be provided. For more information, call 817-392-5510 or visit http://fwbg.org.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ The Conservatory of the Deborah Beggs Moncrief Center at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden will be closed for updates and repairs for November. fwbg.org.
▪ Early orders for poinsettias benefitting Fort Worth’s Lena Pope Home will be taken through Friday, Nov. 27, at area Calloway’s nurseries. Ten percent of sales will be donated to Lena Pope. www.calloways.com.
▪ Get your gardening questions answered with a call to the Tarrant County Master Gardener Association help desk, 817-884-1944. Hours are 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
▪ Johnson County Master Gardeners also answer gardening questions and give advice 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Fridays. Call the Johnson County Extension Office at 817-556-6370 and ask to speak to a master gardener.
Mark your calendar …
▪ For weeding day with the Arlington Garden Club in the gardens of the Fielder House Museum, 8:30-10:30 a.m. Nov. 28. Free red sage starts available. For questions, email email@example.com or for more information, facebook.com/pages/gardenclub-arlingtontx