▪ Join a story time and activity for kids of all ages, 11 a.m. Saturday at the River Legacy Living Science Center, 703 N.W. Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington. RSVP to 817-860-6752. www.riverlegacy.org.
▪ Kids can participate in a make-and-take Father’s Day activity at the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge, 8:30-11 a.m. Saturday. Then, on Sunday, visitors learn about grasses of the prairie on a hike that begins at 1:30 p.m. Both of these activities are free with paid admission ($2-$5).
On Thursday from 8:30 to 10 p.m., take an stroll with a naturalist at nightfall. Call to register. It’s $10, which includes park admission.
The Preschool Discovery Club meets at 10:30 a.m. Friday, June 26, to study frogs and toads. It’s for ages 3-5 with parental supervision. Also, register for a June 27 kayak tour of the West Fork of the Trinity River, $20, $15 members. Kayaks, paddles and lifejackets are provided. 9601 Fossil Ridge Road, Fort Worth. 817-392-7410; www.fwnaturecenter.org.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
▪ Sam Kieschnick, nature education specialist for the Mansfield Parks and Recreation department, will talk about Oliver Nature Park at a meeting of the Arlington Organic Garden Club at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Bob Duncan Center, 2800 S. Center St., Arlington. Social time starts at 7 p.m. For more info, call Bob Ressl at 817-265-0696.
▪ Get your gardening questions answered with a call to the Tarrant County Master Gardener Association help desk, 817-884-1944. Hours are 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
▪ Johnson County Master Gardeners also answer gardening questions and give advice from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Fridays. Call the Johnson County Extension Office at 817-556-6370 and ask to speak to a master gardener.
Mark your calendar …
▪ For the Fort Worth Bonsai Society annual show and sale, June 27-28 at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd.
Send announcements of local home and garden happenings (including retail news) at least two weeks in advance to Places to Go, Features Department, Star-Telegram, Box 1870, Fort Worth, TX 76101, or send an email to email@example.com with “Places to Go” in the subject line.