▪ The Fort Worth Orchid Society sale takes place 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden Center, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd. 817-392-5510; http://fwbg.org.
▪ Learn how to harvest edible wild plants during an hourlong workshop led by naturalist Amanda Beisch at 10 a.m. Saturday at the River Legacy Living Science Center, 703 N.W. Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington. It’s $5. RSVP to 817-860-6752. www.riverlegacy.org.
▪ Learn the basics of container gardening during a free clinic at 10:15 a.m. Saturday at all area Calloway’s stores. www.calloways.com.
▪ Take a closer look at nature’s hunters and gatherers — insects and spiders — during a workshop at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge. Then, at 1:30 p.m. Sunday, study spiders during a short presentation and hike. Both activities are free with paid admission ($2-$5). Tuesday at 8 p.m. take a full-moon paddle along the Trinity. Cost is $20 ($15 for members) and the gear is supplied. Call to register. 9601 Fossil Ridge Road, Fort Worth. 817-392-7410; www.fwnaturecenter.org.
▪ Get your gardening questions answered with a call to the Tarrant County Master Gardener Association help desk, 817-884-1944. Hours are 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
▪ Johnson County Master Gardeners also answer gardening questions and give advice from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Fridays. Call the Johnson County Extension Office at 817-556-6370 and ask to speak to a master gardener.