Valentines Day is just around the corner and much like other holidays there are plenty of ways to burn money. Chocolates, Stuffed Teddy Bears, and Cards for your friends, families, teachers and the list goes on.
One of my favorite gifts to give is Photo cards to my family and friends. They are an inexpensive, creative, and chic way to show off your super cute kids. Of course there are a number of options when it comes to creating your card. Below are the steps to take if you are interested in creating your own card.
1. Find a place in your home or outside that will provide a great backdrop for the picture. I love to take pics outside because the lighting generally comes out much better than what has to be somewhat created inside. Whatever your choice be sure the backdrop is clear and free of clutter.
2. Create a wardrobe color scheme for the picture. Now this piece is important, for Valentines day you may want to have the children wearing something that representative of the holiday. Be creative mixing colors and textures to create contrast and interest in the picture.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
3. Take the picture with a high quality camera. Cell phones and digital cameras are usable forms of high quality cameras. Of course the higher the mega pixels the better. Be sure to take several shots so that you can choose from the best picture. Of course if you are taking pics of the kiddos this is a no brainer considering the first, second, third or fourth shots will not be that great!
4. Choose a color scheme for your card. Here there are so many options, you can use an online photo card creator such as Cardstore. com, Smilebox, or Shutterfly or you can use a software program like Photoshop. Either way there are plenty of options, some have a cost and others are free.
5. Add fancy words and lettering to make your card complete. Choose a quote, scripture, or joke. Just a few words are all you need to make the card funny and interesting.
6. Print your cards for mail or send it via email. The fun thing about photo cards is that they can be sent via email, printed and mailed or simply posted to FB. For printing, you can use cardstock and your home computer or simply send to Fed Ex/Kinkos and have them print it.
There you have it, creative alternatives for Valentines Day. I generally have my children create cards for their classes and we always get so many compliments. Send me your photo cards if you decide to make some, I'd love to see them!
Make it a great Mommy Day!