Fall has finally arrived, amidst 109 degree temperatures during the summer I must say that I am quite ready for this transition. Fall is one of my favorite fashion times of the year. I simply adore all of the great clothes you wear while the weather is cold, there are sweaters, wraps, cardigans, boots, leather jackets and the list goes on and on. There are endless possibilities when it comes to the fall wardrobe. Let's look at 5 fall fashion trends that will convert your summer wardrobe to into instant fall fashion forward style!
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
1. The cardigan wrap sweater- This is one of my most favorite sweaters of all times! I have found them in so many different colors and textures from cashmere to cotton blends. These sweaters are great for cool summer nights and breezy fall days. Dress them up or down with a great sheath dress or a pair of skinny jeans and a tee paired with a fashionable belt. This is a fashion trend that works with all body types and one that will be around for a while.
2. Boots- What can I say I love, love, love great boots. From Uggs to thigh high stilettoes they are fall's must have shoe. The great thing about boots is that they can be worn with pretty much any piece in your wardrobe from skirts to slacks. They are office appropriate and date night paired. When looking for a great boot be sure to focus on fit and style, since this piece is so versatile you want to be sure to get the most wardrobe use of it that you can.
3. Jeggings/Leggings- Now being a mother of three children and having a "not so perfect body" I must admit I was a bit skeptical when wearing my first pair of leggings, but what I have found is that they are absolutely perfect. Paired with a great tunic and boots or even a dress and flats leggings are falls favorite outfit. Not only are they super comfy but there are so many different colors and styles your leggings wardrobe could on and on forever.
4. The boyfriend jacket- The boyfriend jacket was introduced to the fashion world on last year and was highly popular, so I know that I am a little behind on this one! However, it is a great asset to anyone's wardrobe. I love the boyfriend jacket because it has just enough structure to be dressy but is relaxed enough to be comfy, plus most of them hit about mid hip length which is great for coverage around the hip and tummy area. Not to mention it is one of those trends that is every evolving so looks like it will be around for a while.
5. A great scarf- Scarves are a great inexpensive accessory that goes with pretty much everything. Pair them with sweaters, dresses, blouses, even jackets to turn drab into fab. I love all the great prints, colors, and textures of scarves and this fall season just like the last they are all the rave! They can be statement pieces or silent add ons to any outfit and the best thing about them is they can be purchased just about anywhere!
Those are just a few great pieces you can find to help smooth that the move from summer to fall wardrobe. All of the styles mentioned above can be wear at just about any time of the year and layered for optimal styling. Just a few fashion tips and dips for all of those hot mom's out there! Make it a great Mommy Day!
picture courtesy of google images.