FORT WORTH — Occupants of the Oncor electrical delivery building in downtown Fort Worth are filtering back into work after firefighters investigating a possible fire determined the smoke’s culprit was a burned-out elevator motor.
Employees had voluntarily evacuated the building at 115 W. 7th Street around 12:30 p.m. after smelling smoke. Firefighters discovered the elevator motor still hot and smoking on the building's top floor.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.