Students were evacuated from the nanotechnology labs at the University of Texas at Arlington on Tuesday when one was overcome by fumes from a chemical reaction.
One student inadvertently mixed hydrochloric and sulfuric acid, and the fumes from the chemical caused the lab alarmsto sound about 7:30 p.m., UTA Assistant Police Chief Rick Gomez said.
About four or five students were in the lab when the alarms sounded, he said. The student who inhaled the fumes was treated and released at the scene, Gomez said.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.