BURLESON -- More than 20 businesses lost power Friday afternoon after a car struck a transformer in the Gateway Station retail center in north Burleson Friday morning, sparking a small fire.
At 2:30 p.m., a spokeswoman with Oncor said power had been restored to all but nine of 22 affected customers in the area.
According to a news release, a woman had just left Smoothie King and was rounding the corner next to the Vision City eyewear store shortly before 11 a.m. when her black Isuzu Ascender struck the transformer. The woman was not injured but the collision caused minor fire damage to the car.
Employees and customers were evacuated from Vision City and other businesses inside the building as Burleson and Fort Worth firefighters extinguished the blaze.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Oncor representatives were called to the scene and were working to restore electricity to the affected businesses, which included the restaurants Chic-fil-A, Logan’s Roadhouse, Applebees, Olive Garden and Red Lobster.