A one-alarm fire destroyed a Saginaw motorcycle repair shop Tuesday evening.
Officials have not determined the cause of the fire that destroyed the double-wide mobile home housing Tex Starr Enterprises at 415 N. Saginaw Blvd. But they have determined that the fire started in an area used to charge batteries, Saginaw Fire Chief Bob Harvey said.
Firefighters were dispatched about 7 p.m. Tuesday and had the one-alarm fire under control about 20 minutes later, Harvey said. He estimated the damage at $50,000, which included the building's contents.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.