GRAPEVINE -- A small fire in a storage area of a Grapevine Mills Mall clothing store Sunday afternoon forced authorities to close part of the building, but no injuries were reported.
An employee at Abercrombie & Fitch extinguished the blaze, however the fire caused smoke damage to the store and to at least five to 10 other stores.
Damage estimates were not available Monday.
The blaze erupted shortly before 3:30 p.m. at the mall, 3000 Grapevine Mills Parkway.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
A light fixture ignited some boxes that were stacked near it, authorities said.
Authorities evacuated the mall and allowed customers and employees back in about an hour later in areas away from the fire scene.
But authorities kept the area near the fire closed for the rest of the day.
The Abercrombie & Fitch store was closed Monday for repairs, a fire official said.