ARLINGTON -- A small office fire at Ditto Elementary School caused the evacuation of the school’s students, teachers and staff to Martin High School.
Classes will resume as normal at Ditto on Friday morning, said Veronica Sopher, a district spokeswoman.
The Arlington Fire department responded and the fire was extinguished quickly.
Sopher said the fire appeared to start in a malfunctioning paper shredder. She said two office workers were transported to a hospital, but were soon released.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
Parents of Ditto students may pick up their children any time this afternoon at Martin High School, 5401 W. Pleasant Ridge Road.
Students who are not picked up by the end of the day will be transported back to the Ditto campus for regular dismissal.
The Boys and Girls Club after-school programs for Ditto students will be held at Martin High School. Call Martin at 682-867-8600.
Staff writer Paul Bourgeois contributed to this report.