Here’s how MUTTS Cantina’s Barkarita is made
There is no National Mexican Food Day.
But the next best thing is National Tequila Day. All the Tex-Mex restaurants join in the fun Wednesday along with some bars that don’t know triple sec from tacos.
For a real-deal tequila shot or margarita, try:
▪ Abuelo’s offers all margaritas for $6.95 including watermelon, agave, coco piña and “El Jefe”; abuelos.com.
▪ El Fenix leads the way with $1 small margaritas, rocks or frozen, limit three; elfenix.com.
▪ Chuy’s Tex-Mex will knock $1 off its frozen Patrón pineapple ritas and offer $5 appetizers, along with its regular happy-hour $5 margaritas and $8.25 grande ritas; chuys.com.
▪ Rio Mambo Tex-Mex y Más will serve $3.99 house margaritas all day and also offers an $8.99 souvenir cup. Six locations; riomambo.com.
▪ On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina will serve $3 Cuervo shots and $4 Cuervo ritas; ontheborder.com.
▪ Also: Reata, 310 Houston St., will serve $10 tequila flights featuring Sauza Hornitos along with its happy hour cocktail and dining menu; reata.net.