It’s the summer of sap at the Omni Fort Worth Hotel, where guests can indulge in the sweetness of maple syrup with new seasonal maple-infused cocktails, menu items and even aromatic spa treatments at the hotel’s Mokara Spa. (Book the B. Kamins Laboratories refreshing maple facial, rich with antioxidants, minerals and alpha hydroxy acids, for only $99.) Members of Omni’s food and beverage team traveled to maple-producing regions in Vermont and Montreal for training and tastings during this spring’s maple harvest and brought back exclusive recipes, like this thirst-quenching Maple-Peach Margarita. The cooling concoction features just a touch of maple syrup to replace the usual sugary-sweet triple sec, making it perfect for poolside sipping.
Makes 1 drink
• 1 ounce lime juice, plus more for rim
• Salt and maple sugar mixture for rim
• 2 ounces Herradura Reposado tequila
• 1 ounce amber maple syrup
• 3/4 ounce Peach RE’AL peach puree-
• Lime wedge
1. Line glass rim with lime juice, then dip into salt and maple sugar mixture, and fill cup with ice.
2. In a cocktail shaker, combine remaining lime juice, tequila, maple syrup and peach syrup. Top with ice, shake vigorously, then strain into prepared cup. Top with a lime wedge squeeze.
— 1300 Houston St., Fort Worth, 817-535-6664, www.omnihotels.com