Arlington man admitted to mistress that he killed dancer in 2005, affidavit says

EULESS -- An Arlington car salesman who has been the focus of a family's campaign accusing him in the disappearance of a dancer from a Baby Dolls club in 2005 told a girlfriend that he accidentally killed the woman, according to an arrest warrant affidavit released Monday by Euless police.

Daniel Glen Moore, 40, "shed tears" as he told the girlfriend what happened to Kristen Charbonneau and would neither elaborate nor say what happened to Charbonneau's body, the affidavit states.

Based on the girlfriend's statement, Euless police said, they arrested Moore on Friday night near his Arlington home. He was released from the Euless Jail on Saturday after posting $35,000 bail. He faces a murder charge, a police spokesman said.

Charbonneau, 25, was last seen leaving Baby Dolls in far northeast Fort Worth on Aug. 11, 2005. Police have said that a waitress saw Moore leaving with Charbonneau and that Moore's statements to police have been inconsistent.

Euless police investigated the case because that was where Charbonneau lived. Her live-in boyfriend reported her missing two days after she disappeared.

Moore, married and the father of two, has been the target of Monica and David Charbonneau of Irving. They have sent hundreds of fliers to random addresses near Moore's home and created a Web site accusing him of killing their daughter.

Investigators ran out of leads, Euless police Lt. John Williams said Monday.

"We had to wait for a break in the case," he said. "And it finally came."

Moore's disclosure

That break came in January when a woman identified as Robyn England went to police with information about a high school friend of hers, identified as Carolyn Upton, who had become sexually involved with Moore, whom they both knew from high school, according to the affidavit.

England told police that Upton had reconnected with Moore through a high school reunion and Facebook. Upton began living at a Budget Suites of America in Addison with Moore helping her pay the bills.

After a while, Moore told Upton that he was going to move her and her two children to a house in Kennedale that belonged to a relative of his.

Upton said Moore's wife was not aware that he was giving her money and a place to live.

According to the affidavit, Moore told Upton that he was being "stalked" by a family regarding the disappearance of a young woman a few years ago.

Upton told England that she believed the Kennedale house was haunted.

She went on to say that Moore "admitted to her that he killed Kristen Charbonneau" but did not intend for her to die, the affidavit states.

Police contacted Upton, who confirmed England's account.

Armed with a search warrant, police seized multiple cellphones and documents related to the Charbonneau case from the Kennedale house, according to the affidavit.

Police found a bullet hole in the headboard of a bed and a large stain of what appeared to be blood on a mattress, the affidavit states. The evidence did not yield any DNA for testing, according to the affidavit.

Response posted online

Moore could not be reached Monday for comment.

Moore's previous attorney, Jeffrey Hansen of Arlington, said Monday that he had handled civil matters for Moore and that Moore would now need a criminal attorney.

The Charbonneau family did not return telephone calls Monday.

"Dan's day has arrived," the family wrote on its Web site. "We learned a lot through this investigation and we now understand the barriers the detectives had to overcome to make an arrest."

Upton did not return phone calls Monday.

DOMINGO RAMIREZ JR., 817-390-7763