The Dallas Cowboys will host the New York Giants in the season opener for both teams at AT&T Stadium on Sunday.
It’s the ninth time that the Cowboys have opened the season against the Giants and the fourth time in the past five seasons.
The Cowboys are 8-0 in those games.
Here are some other notables about the NFL opener for both teams:
Never miss a local story.
▪ Dallas has the NFL’s all-time leading best opening-day record win percentage at .673. They are 37-18-1.
▪ Dallas coach Jason Garrett is 3-2 in openers.
▪ Dallas is 4-3 in home openers at AT&T Stadium.
▪ Dallas is scheduled to start rookie Dak Prescott at quarterback. He will be the fourth rookie quarterback in franchise history to start an opener. The Cowboys are 1-2 in those games.
▪ Giants coach Ben McAdoo will be making his NFL debut. He’s the 17th head coach in franchise history. Giants coaches are 8-7-1 in debut games.
▪ The Giants have the fourth-best opening-day record win percentage at .570. They are 49-37-5.
▪ Eli Manning has a 12-12 career record against Dallas, including the playoffs. He is 4-7 in season openers. He didn’t start the opener as a rookie in 2004.
Dallas Cowboys regular-season schedule
vs. NY Giants
at San Francisco
at Green Bay
KXAS/5, NFL Net.
at NY Giants
vs. Tampa Bay
All games broadcast on KRLD/105.3 FM and KMVK/107.5 (Spanish)
*Time and television broadcast subject to change.