SURPRISE, ARIZ. Here’s an updated look at where the Rangers stands on injuries. Besides pitchers Matt Harrison and Martin Perez, who are still recovering from major surgeries, the injury situation so far this spring remains upbeat, especially compared with the problems a year ago.
Wednesday’s updated injury report:
▪ First baseman Mitch Moreland (ankle) felt fine after running the bases Tuesday. He’s progressing towards seeing game action early next week if he has no setbacks.
▪ First baseman Kyle Blanks (both Achilles) ran the bases Wednesday. He hopes to play in a game late next week.
▪ Left-hander Derek Holland (sore throwing shoulder) threw long toss Tuesday with no issues. He may throw a bullpen session Thursday and could pitch in Sunday’s game if he stays on track.
▪ Shortstop Elvis Andrus (left knee) took infield on the grass only Tuesday with not much lateral movement. His next step would be to move back to the dirt, and start moving side to side. He isn’t in the lineup for first 4 games.
▪ Left-hander Michael Kirkman (shoulder impingement) is scheduled to throw a bullpen session Wednesday.
Stefan Stevenson, 817-390-7760