Last month’s UIL football championship week coincided with a first-ever early signing period for recruits already set on where they would continue their playing careers.
Many others chose to wait.
Instead, official visits were scheduled, recruits followed Twitter to see which college coaches changed jobs, and still other players simply desired more time to make that tough choice.
The traditional National Signing Day, which this year is Feb. 7, is fast-approaching for these players.
The Star-Telegram concludes its week long breakdown of the top 10 DFW recruits at each position.
Here is a look at the top unsigned prospects
1. DL Bobby Brown, 6-4, 285, Arlington Lamar: Committed to Alabama two days after de-committing from Texas A&M. Also considered Florida State, LSU, Oklahoma and Houston. Ranked the 17th overall prospect in Texas.
2. LB DaShaun White, 6-1, 220, Richland: U.S. Army All-American committed to Oklahoma after pledging to Texas A&M for the entire season. Recorded 154 tackles, 21 for loss, and six sacks in 2017. Made the ALL-USA Texas football team. Ranked the 16th best linebacker in the country, 29th overall propsect in Texas.
3. DB Cam’ron Jones, 6-0, 200, Mansfield: Offers from Nebraska, Mississippi, Baylor, Utah, Oklahoma and more. Recorded 106 tackles in 2017. Ranked the 25th best safety in the country, 36th overall prospect in Texas. Named Associated Press Class 6A all-state honorable mention.
4. WR Gabriel Douglas, 6-2, 185, Denton Ryan: Committed to Texas Tech. Over 1,300 yards, 26 TDs in 2017. Ranked the 41st overall prospect in Texas. Named Associated Press Class 5A all-state second team.
5. RB Maurice Washington, 6-0, 175, Cedar Hill Trinity Christian: Offers include LSU, Missouri, Nebraska, Clemson, Ohio State, UCLA, Washington State and USC. Rushed for 262 yards and 3 TDs in the TAPPS Division II state title win over Austin Regents. Scored 3 TDs in the Under Armour All-America game.
6. WR Ke’Von Ahmad, 6-1, 185, Colleyville Heritage: Offers include Baylor, Kansas, Boise State and Louisville. Over 1,600 yards, 16 TDs in 2017. Ranked the 74th overall prospect in Texas. Named Associated Press Class 5A all-state honorable mention.
7. DB Jordon Austin, 6-1, 185, Lancaster: Committed to Oklahoma. Also considered Arizona and Mississippi State.
8. DL Shabazz Dotson, 6-3, 270, Cedar Hill: Offers include Kansas State, Michigan, Duke, Indiana, Iowa State and Texas Tech.
9. DB Dayven Coleman, 6-2, 200, West Mesquite: Offers from Arizona, Illinois, Kansas State, Utah, Syracuse and more. Recorded 71 tackles, 8 for loss in 2017.
10. QB Clayton Tune, 6-3, 200, Hebron: Offers from Baylor, Kansas, Houston, North Texas, Florida Atlantic and Central Florida. Threw for 2,400 yards, 23 TDs, and rushed for 9 TDs in 2017.