Water is wet.
The sky is blue.
DFW football recruits are annually some of the best in the country. It’s just a fact of life.
While TCU and its Lone Star counterparts would love to keep all the talent inside the state’s borders, it’s simply not possible.
Here is a look at the top 10 area recruits from 2018 that have decided to play their college ball outside of Texas.
Remember that National Signing Day is Feb. 7.
* All recruiting rankings are via 247Sports
1. DL Bobby Brown (Arlington Lamar)
Committed to Alabama
No. 182 overall, No. 17 DT overall, No. 18 player in Texas
2. DE Jarell Cherry (Dallas Carter)
Signed with LSU
No. 198 overall, No. 12 weakside defensive end overall, No. 24 player in Texas
3. LB DaShaun White (Richland)
Committed to Oklahoma
No. 205 overall, No. 14 outside linebacker, No. 25 player in Texas
4. S Cam'ron Jones (Mansfield)
Committed to Nebraska
No. 287 overall, No. 23 safety overall, No. 36 player in Texas
5. DL Calvin Avery (Dallas Bishop Dunne)
Signed with Illinois
No. 216 player overall, No. 19 DT overall, No. 27 player in Texas
6. QB Spencer Sanders (Denton Ryan)
Signed with Oklahoma State
No. 169 player overall, No. 8 dual threat QB overall, No. 17 player in Texas
7. OL Darrell Simpson (Justin Northwest)
Signed with Oklahoma
No. 265 player overall, No. 15 OT overall, No. 34 player in Texas
8. WR Stefan Cobbs (Keller Fossil Ridge)
Signed with Boise State
No. 667 player overall, No. 109 WR overall, No. 91 player in Texas
9. QB Jaylen Mayden (Sachse)
Signed with Mississippi State
No. 360 player overall, No. 16 dual threat QB, No. 49 player overall
10. ILB Bumper Pool (Lucas Lovejoy)
Signed with Arkansas
No. 243 overall, No. 13 ILB overall, No. 29 player in Texas