1986 look back
Kansas, the No. 1 seed from the Midwest, and Duke, the No. 1 from the East, met in the semifinals. Duke had beaten Kansas earlier in the season 92-86 and did so again in the semifinals 71-67. There’s also a rematch in this year’s semifinals:
UConn pulled off a 65-64 upset victory at home over Florida on Dec. 2.
Never miss a local story.
Semifinals on StubHub and PrimeSport
John Calipari and Bo Ryan had an entertaining exchange about communicating to players to end their news conference Thursday.
Calipari: “When you tell the truth, it’s like, ‘What was the lie?’ ...
Calipari turned to Ryan “Am I right?”
Ryan: “I always ask them … have I ever lied to you? They always say no.”
Calipari, laughing: “But, please, this time, Coach, lie to me.”
Bracket Town: Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, Dallas. $5 for children, $10 for adults. Schedule: Friday, noon-8 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, noon-8 p.m.; Monday, noon-7 p.m.
March Madness Music Festival: On the site of the former Reunion Arena, Dallas. Free. Schedule: Friday, 4-10:30 p.m.; Saturday, noon-9 p.m.; Sunday, 2-10:30 p.m.
• Road to the Final Four 5K: 8:30 a.m., Fair Park, Dallas. $20-$30.
• Youth Clinics: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at TCU in Fort Worth, Elzie Odom Recreation Center, Arlington, and Duncanville Fieldhouse. Free. For grades 3 through 8. (ncaa.com/finalfour)
• March Madness Music Festival, Reunion Park, Dallas: Tim McGraw headlining afternoon lineup, The Killers headlining immediately following live broadcast, 12-9 p.m.
• National semifinal: 5:09 p.m., Florida vs. UConn, TBS, TNT (Florida teamcast), truTV (UConn teamcast)
• National semifinal: Approximately 7:49 p.m., Wisconsin vs. Kentucky, TBS, TNT (Kentucky teamcast), truTV (Wisconsin teamcast)
• Final Four Dribble: Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. at Dallas City Hall. The Dribble begins at 11:30 a.m. Free 18-under. Children will dribble a basketball through downtown Dallas, from City Hall to the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center.
• March Madness Music Festival, Reunion Park, Dallas: Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band headlining, 2-10:30 p.m.
National Championship Game: 8:10 p.m., KTVT/11
Good for travel on DART, The T, TRE and Denton County Transit Authority. Take the TRE to the CentrePort Station and take bus shuttles to AT&T Stadium on Friday, Saturday and Monday. Four-day pass, $30; one-day pass for Saturday or Monday, $10.
Tickets: DART.org/FinalFour or via the GoPass app.