1986 look back
Kansas, the No. 1 seed from the Midwest, and Duke, the No. 1 from the East, met in the semifinals. Duke had beaten Kansas earlier in the season 92-86 and did so again in the semifinals 71-67. There’s also a rematch in this year’s semifinals:
UConn pulled off a 65-64 upset victory at home over Florida on Dec. 2.
Semifinals on StubHub and PrimeSport
John Calipari and Bo Ryan had an entertaining exchange about communicating to players to end their news conference Thursday.
Calipari: “When you tell the truth, it’s like, ‘What was the lie?’ ...
Calipari turned to Ryan “Am I right?”
Ryan: “I always ask them … have I ever lied to you? They always say no.”
Calipari, laughing: “But, please, this time, Coach, lie to me.”
Bracket Town: Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, Dallas. $5 for children, $10 for adults. Schedule: Friday, noon-8 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, noon-8 p.m.; Monday, noon-7 p.m.
March Madness Music Festival: On the site of the former Reunion Arena, Dallas. Free. Schedule: Friday, 4-10:30 p.m.; Saturday, noon-9 p.m.; Sunday, 2-10:30 p.m.
Saturday• Road to the Final Four 5K: 8:30 a.m., Fair Park, Dallas. $20-$30.
• Youth Clinics: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at TCU in Fort Worth, Elzie Odom Recreation Center, Arlington, and Duncanville Fieldhouse. Free. For grades 3 through 8. (ncaa.com/finalfour)
• March Madness Music Festival, Reunion Park, Dallas: Tim McGraw headlining afternoon lineup, The Killers headlining immediately following live broadcast, 12-9 p.m.
• National semifinal: 5:09 p.m., Florida vs. UConn, TBS, TNT (Florida teamcast), truTV (UConn teamcast)
• National semifinal: Approximately 7:49 p.m., Wisconsin vs. Kentucky, TBS, TNT (Kentucky teamcast), truTV (Wisconsin teamcast)
Sunday• Final Four Dribble: Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. at Dallas City Hall. The Dribble begins at 11:30 a.m. Free 18-under. Children will dribble a basketball through downtown Dallas, from City Hall to the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center.
• March Madness Music Festival, Reunion Park, Dallas: Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band headlining, 2-10:30 p.m.
National Championship Game: 8:10 p.m., KTVT/11
Good for travel on DART, The T, TRE and Denton County Transit Authority. Take the TRE to the CentrePort Station and take bus shuttles to AT&T Stadium on Friday, Saturday and Monday. Four-day pass, $30; one-day pass for Saturday or Monday, $10.
Tickets: DART.org/FinalFour or via the GoPass app.