With the arrival of a new Fort Worth police chief and school superintendent, a civic moment has passed that should not go unnoticed.
For nearly a year, Fort Worth’s top officials were almost all women.
Until Chief Joel Fitzgerald’s swearing-in this week, the city’s downtown core was represented by:
▪ U.S. Rep. Kay Granger.
Never miss a local story.
▪ State Sen. Konni Burton.
▪ State Rep. Nicole Collier.
▪ State Education Board member Erika Beltran.
▪ District Attorney Sharen Wilson.
▪ County college board Trustee Teresa Ayala.
▪ Mayor Betsy Price.
▪ City Council member Ann Zadeh.
▪ Interim Police Chief Rhonda Robertson.
▪ Fort Worth school board Second Vice President Ashley Paz, and
▪ Interim Superintendent Patricia Linares.
Now it’s clear why City Council voted this year to disband the 30-year-old Fort Worth Commission on the Status of Women.
The status of women is: boss.