Weatherford Opinion

Weatherford Opinion

A Most Wonderful Time of the Year

In 1963 Andy Williams released a Christmas album featuring the song The Most Wonderful Time of the Year. A delightful song celebrating the Christmas season, it became an immediate hit. While I enjoy Christmas as much as anyone, I must suggest that there are other times or seasons that offer equally rewarding experiences. Paramount among those is the time to enjoy vine ripe tomatoes fresh from the garden.

Weatherford Opinion

The 85th Legislature – A Capitol Visit

I recently had the privilege to visit with our local state representatives; Senator Craig Estes and House Representative Phil King. Joining me were a couple of superintendents and trustees including Weatherford ISD Supt. Dr. Jeffrey Hanks and Trustee Jeff Geyer.

Weatherford Opinion

Letter to the Editor

Finally, we are in the home stretch of this election season! As we decide how we’re going to invest our time and treasure in candidates, I encourage you to evaluate the Platforms adopted by each of the Political Parties to determine which Party best represents your convictions.

Weatherford Opinion

Don’t assume Top 10 Percent should go to Austin or College Station

This letter, written by Brent Baker, Vice President of Institutional Advancement at Weatherford College, was sent to the Texas Tribune and published on April 4. The letter was Baker’s response to a Texas Tribune article that suggested high school students graduating in the top 10 percent of their class should be expected to attend UT-Austin or Texas A&M when other options might be a better fit.

Weatherford Opinion

The Value of Unity

One of the greatest examples of unity is found in the epic film, Gladiator. Set in 180 A.D., a highly respected Roman army general by the name of Maximus (played by Russell Crowe) uses his physical and leadership skills to maneuver through conflicts within the movie.

Videos

Matt Bush says he feel weight of Rangers losses

Closer Matt Bush blew his second straight save chance for he the Texas Rangers on Friday and then allowed the winning run in the ninth (video by Jeff Wilson).
jwilson@star-telegram.com
Matt Bush says he feel weight of Rangers losses 1:36

Matt Bush says he feel weight of Rangers losses

Jeff Banister breaks down Matt Bush's night in Rangers' loss 1:48

Jeff Banister breaks down Matt Bush's night in Rangers' loss

Yu Darvish says he expects to make next start 1:53

Yu Darvish says he expects to make next start

Bart and Babs 0:42

Bart and Babs