Weatherford Opinion

Weatherford Opinion

Long range plan for public education requires community input

Of the ten public education objectives found in our Texas Education Code, my personal favorite is the very first – it states; Parents will be full partners with educators in the education of their children. This objective reflects the required engagement necessary to protect the value of education, the pursuit for continuous improvement, and to celebrate student achievement. The Texas Education Code provides us with our public education’s mission and vision statements, ten objectives, and four goals. A link is provided below.

Weatherford Opinion

A Most Wonderful Time of the Year

In 1963 Andy Williams released a Christmas album featuring the song The Most Wonderful Time of the Year. A delightful song celebrating the Christmas season, it became an immediate hit. While I enjoy Christmas as much as anyone, I must suggest that there are other times or seasons that offer equally rewarding experiences. Paramount among those is the time to enjoy vine ripe tomatoes fresh from the garden.

Weatherford Opinion

The 85th Legislature – A Capitol Visit

I recently had the privilege to visit with our local state representatives; Senator Craig Estes and House Representative Phil King. Joining me were a couple of superintendents and trustees including Weatherford ISD Supt. Dr. Jeffrey Hanks and Trustee Jeff Geyer.

Weatherford Opinion

Letter to the Editor

Finally, we are in the home stretch of this election season! As we decide how we’re going to invest our time and treasure in candidates, I encourage you to evaluate the Platforms adopted by each of the Political Parties to determine which Party best represents your convictions.

Weatherford Opinion

Don’t assume Top 10 Percent should go to Austin or College Station

This letter, written by Brent Baker, Vice President of Institutional Advancement at Weatherford College, was sent to the Texas Tribune and published on April 4. The letter was Baker’s response to a Texas Tribune article that suggested high school students graduating in the top 10 percent of their class should be expected to attend UT-Austin or Texas A&M when other options might be a better fit.

More Videos

See the major changes coming to TCU's football stadium in these newly-released renderings 1:32

See the major changes coming to TCU's football stadium in these newly-released renderings

TCU's Del Conte: Football and baseball 'rose the entire athletic program' 0:45

TCU's Del Conte: Football and baseball 'rose the entire athletic program'

Aledo defense smothers Richland 1:23

Aledo defense smothers Richland

TCU's Del Conte on Dixon: 'Cut him open, he bleeds purple' 0:42

TCU's Del Conte on Dixon: 'Cut him open, he bleeds purple'

Dallas Cowboys visit Cook Children’s Hospital 1:38

Dallas Cowboys visit Cook Children’s Hospital

Want an exotic pet in Fort Worth? The Humane Society of North Texas has you covered 1:32

Want an exotic pet in Fort Worth? The Humane Society of North Texas has you covered

Here are the top playmakers in the Packers’ win over the Cowboys 0:46

Here are the top playmakers in the Packers’ win over the Cowboys

Tarrant County's 10 Most Wanted Criminals, December 6 0:31

Tarrant County's 10 Most Wanted Criminals, December 6

Adrian Beltre on Cole Hamels' dominant night 0:32

Adrian Beltre on Cole Hamels' dominant night

His nightclub empire made millions because you could buy cocaine in the bathrooms 2:54

His nightclub empire made millions because you could buy cocaine in the bathrooms

Dak Prescott on big plays, big win in Big Apple

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott talks big plays, big win against New York Giants Sunday afternoon in East Rutherford, N.J.
Stefan Stevenson sstevenson@star-telegram.com
Dak Prescott on big plays, big win in Big Apple 1:53

Dak Prescott on big plays, big win in Big Apple

Kennedale's complete effort thwarts Kaufman 1:41

Kennedale's complete effort thwarts Kaufman

Legacy super sub Isaiah Jones steps up vs. Lone Star 1:04

Legacy super sub Isaiah Jones steps up vs. Lone Star

RAW: R.J. Mickens brings Southlake Carroll within 21-14 of Waco Midway 0:31

RAW: R.J. Mickens brings Southlake Carroll within 21-14 of Waco Midway