It was a day of recognition and realignment for the Weatherford College Board of Trustees at their regular meeting Thursday.
The meeting began with a moment of silence for board member Don Allen, who passed away March 25.
WC President Dr. Kevin Eaton then presented outgoing board member Betty Jo Graber with an award of appreciation for her time on the board.
“Thank all of you for the opportunity to do this. It has been my pleasure to watch Weatherford College grow. I think you’re doing a great job, and don’t let the board get on to you staff members and administrators,” Graber said with a smile. “You meet the needs of the students of Parker County and the faculty and staff, and take care of them.”
Never miss a local story.
Graber, who has served in Place 5 since 2013 after being appointed to fill an unexpired vacancy, did not sign up to run for reelection. Elaine Carter filed unopposed for the open seat. Place 3 and Place 4 held by Dr. Trev Dixon and Joel Watson, respectively, are also up for reelection. Both Dixon and Watson are unopposed in retaining their positions on the board.
With all three candidates facing no opposition on the ballot, the board approved a motion to cancel the May 9 election for the Board of Trustees.
In other business the board approved:
▪ Budget amendment No. 1 for the 2014-15 budget.
▪ The annual review of CAK (Local) Policy Appropriations and Revenue.
▪ A bid proposal for the purchase of high-fidelity manikins for the Nursing Innovation Grant.
▪ Bid proposals for the purchase of science equipment and supplies.
▪ Laboratory, testing, insurance and incidental fees for allied health programs.
▪ The disposal of obsolete and surplus items through e-waste recycling and online auction.