Bring your family and friends and join us for Food and fun at the Dinner Tonight Healthy Cooking School hosted by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and the Dinner Tonight Planning Coalition.
The event is Tuesday, Sept. 29 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center that is located at 301 South Main in Weatherford.
Dinner Tonight will feature demonstrations of easy and nutritious meus that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less. The objective for the evening will to help busy people learn ideas for meal preparation and feel good about feeding themselves and their family. The goal is to promote family mealtime, teach families healthy meal planning and food preparation techniques, promote Texas agriculture and local grocery stores. Busy moms and dads are encouraged to take advantage of the program to gain new ideas. The eat-at-home aspect of Dinner Tonight reinforces research that shows families who sit down to regular family meals consume more fruits, vegetables and fiber and they perform better academically at school and at work.
Registration fee is $15 per person in advance, or $20 at the door, and includes a cookbook consisting of additional menus and recipes, recipe samples, goody bags and door prizes. Call the Extension office at 817-598-6168 to reserve your spot. Space is limited.
Food Demonstrations will include the following:
▪ Heather Cleveland, owner of Panhandle Kitchen Gourmet Shop in Granbury, will bring new preparation ideas in food preparation.
▪ Ashley Phillips, registered dietitian with Weatherford Regional Hospital, will talk about the Mediterranean diet.
▪ Antoinette Reed will demonstrate how to make authentic pesto and bruschetta.
▪ Parker County 4-Hers and FCCLA members will demonstrate healthy snack ideas.
▪ Lynette Babcock, Brittany Coop, Kayla Neill and Kathy Smith, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Educators will demonstrate health menu ideas.
Door prizes will be given throughout the event. There will also be several vendors and exhibitors as well.
For more information about attending Dinner Tonight or being an exhibitor call 817-598-6168.