Weatherford Living

Weatherford Living

Rocket wants to fly into you heart

This week’s Pet of the Week, Rocket, is a handsome male Shepherd mix with a playful, energetic personality and he is quite the ball player. Rocket is about 6 yrs old, weighs 48 lbs and is Heartworm negative. Rocket is looking for his fur-ever home, can you help him out?

Weatherford Living

Apple recipes ripe for the picking

As fall begins to approach you may notice some seasonal fruits and vegetables finding their way onto shelves at your favorite farmers market or grocery store. Apples are among my family’s favorite. Be sure and give one of these delicious recipes a try.

Weatherford Living

It’s time to Step Up and Scale Down

Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service of Parker County will offer Step Up and Scale Down, a 12-week weight management program in to help with efforts to lose weight. The classes will begin on Friday, Sept. 8 from 12:10 p.m. to 1 p.m. The classes will meet each week through Dec. 1. The classes will be at the Parker County Agricultural Service Center, located at 604 North Main Street in Weatherford. The sessions will begin at 12:15 p.m. and will conclude at 1 p.m.

Weatherford Living

Claudio needs a family to love

Claudio is an energetic playful boy. This happy guy loves life and can’t wait to find his fur-ever home. Claudio is a neutered male Plott Hound mix, weighs 50 lbs. and is 2 ½ years old. Come meet Claudio and see what a great addition to your family he would be.

Weatherford Living

Cub Scout Pack 375 adopts Holland Lake Park as project

The Boy Scouts of America is more than a hundred years in the making. Producing some of the greatest leaders and innovators of the past century, the youth of today are usually too involved in video games and electronics. To help develop tomorrow's leaders, learning about citizenship, environmental stewardship and pride in their community, Cub Scout Pack 375, chartered through Couts United Methodist Church in Weatherford, adopted Holland Lake Park. Park cleaning days are quarterly and used to teach teamwork and to identify harmful and helpful foliage.

Weatherford Living

Picnic favorites sure to please your family

When ever the opportunity presents itself I really enjoy packing up a meal and going on a picnic. Twice this summer I’ve packed up goodies for an evening of fun at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens and Levitt Pavilion in Arlington. Some of our favorite things are the very recipes below. Give them a try before your next outing.

Weatherford Living

It’s not too hot to think about wildflowers

Don’t let the August heat wilt your visions of wildflowers blooming next spring in your yard. This is the right time to pick up some tips from Master Naturalists Troy and Martha Mullens on how you can bring native plants into whatever landscape you have, from larger acreage to a traditional city yard or just a patio with container plants. The husband-wife team will present a program on "Growing Wildflowers" at the August meeting of the Native Plant Society of Texas’ Cross Timbers Chapter in Weatherford.

Weatherford Living

TOTS presents Big Fish

Theatre Off The Square in Weatherford proudly presents their 2017 Musical, BIG FISH Small Cast Version, book by John August, music and lyrics by Andrew Lippa, based on the novel by Daniel Wallace and the Columbia Motion Picture written by John August.

More Videos

Here are the top playmakers in the Packers’ win over the Cowboys 0:46

Here are the top playmakers in the Packers’ win over the Cowboys

A U.S.shaped flag highlights pre-game ceremony 0:16

A U.S.shaped flag highlights pre-game ceremony

Homeless residents share tears, popcorn during 'Same Kind of Different As Me' movie screening 3:06

Homeless residents share tears, popcorn during 'Same Kind of Different As Me' movie screening

What did Cowboys fans do during anthem? 1:46

What did Cowboys fans do during anthem?

Adrian Beltre on Cole Hamels' dominant night 0:32

Adrian Beltre on Cole Hamels' dominant night

Is this a safe bus stop? Road project leaves Cavile residents stranded 0:20

Is this a safe bus stop? Road project leaves Cavile residents stranded

Texas school's pep rallies go viral again, thanks to its all-student Tejano band 1:15

Texas school's pep rallies go viral again, thanks to its all-student Tejano band

Your airline seat may have been made in Fort Worth 0:55

Your airline seat may have been made in Fort Worth

Load up on zinc - a new UT Arlington study says it can halt the growth of cancer cells 0:41

Load up on zinc - a new UT Arlington study says it can halt the growth of cancer cells

Here are some of the court records you probably can't find in Tarrant County 1:22

Here are some of the court records you probably can't find in Tarrant County

Grapevine QB Alan Bowman surpasses 100 TD passes

Grapevine senior and Texas Tech commit Alan Bowman crossed the 100 career TD passes mark in the Mustangs’ win over Richland.
Shawn Smajstrla ssmajstrla@star-telegram.com
Grapevine QB Alan Bowman surpasses 100 TD passes 1:25

Grapevine QB Alan Bowman surpasses 100 TD passes

Homeless residents share tears, popcorn during 'Same Kind of Different As Me' movie screening 3:06

Homeless residents share tears, popcorn during 'Same Kind of Different As Me' movie screening

A U.S.shaped flag highlights pre-game ceremony 0:16

A U.S.shaped flag highlights pre-game ceremony

Is this a safe bus stop? Road project leaves Cavile residents stranded 0:20

Is this a safe bus stop? Road project leaves Cavile residents stranded