An apartment fire that burned six units, displaced 10 people and injured two was started by a woman smoking a cigarette while using oxygen.
The 72-year-old woman was taken to Dallas' Parkland Memorial Hospital with burns that covered more than 40 percent of her body, according to a news release from Hurst police. No information was available about another person who was injured.
Hurst firefighters were alerted to the fire located in the 100 block of Harmon Road at the Hidden Oaks Apartment Complex about 1:50 p.m. Wednesday, the release said.
The Hurst Fire Department, Hurst Police Department and several neighboring agencies responded to contain the fire.
Never miss a local story.
A few families that were displaced due to the fire are coordinating with Red Cross representatives to find shelter.