Mansfield Living

Mansfield Living

Cobbler and jams: Peaches are a summer sensation

Recently my husband and I drove out to Parker County for the 33rd Annual Parker County Peach Festival. Needless to say we came home with some of those delicious spherical delights. If you’re a peach lover like we are then you’ll want to give these recipes a try. If you like these suggestions then you’ll want to go by the Mansfield Historical Society and pick up a copy of their cookbook, A Taste of Old Mansfield.

Mansfield Living

Mansfield Summit Key Club continues the fight against childhood cancer

In a continuing effort to raise funds and awareness for the fight against childhood cancer, the Mansfield Summit High School Key Club will host their 7th annual lemonade stand on Friday, July 28 through Monday, July 31 from noon to 3 pm in front of Five Below in Mansfield. The lemonade stand will benefit childhood cancer research through Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF).

Mansfield Living

Seasonal vegetables perfect for any dinner table

My husband and I love eating produce fresh from the garden. But if you’re not blessed with a green thumb, or have time to have your own garden, let not your heart be troubled. There are local farmer’s markets and produce stands that dot the landscape around the area. Take time to pick up freshly grown delicious fruits and vegetables and try one of these great recipes. If you like these suggestions then you’ll want to go by the Mansfield Historical Society and pick up a copy of their cookbook, A Taste of Old Mansfield.

Mansfield Living

Conquer your cake dilemma with these delectable choices

It’s said that bakers make the world smell better. I can’t argue that. Every time I bake a cake my husband comments how wonderful the house smells. You can make you house smell good, too and have your family going wild over these delicious cake recipes. If you like these suggestions then you’ll want to go by the Mansfield Historical Society and pick up a copy of their cookbook, A Taste of Old Mansfield.

Mansfield Living

Staying energized all day long, the healthy way

We live in a fast-paced, busy society. In a world of saying "yes" to everything, no wonder everyone is so tired. Of course everyone would love to sleep eight hours a night, but to be honest, eight hours of sleep is a dream for most folks. So how do spread-thin, sleep-deprived individuals to get through the day? Drink caffeine, lattes, tea, and sodas?

Videos

Lake Texoma fire takes out at least 20 boats

Officials were still unsure Thursday how the fire started.
KXII via AP
Lake Texoma fire takes out at least 20 boats 0:55

Lake Texoma fire takes out at least 20 boats

Martin Perez sees good performance slip away 1:19

Martin Perez sees good performance slip away

Jeff Banister watches Rangers unravel in seventh inning 2:22

Jeff Banister watches Rangers unravel in seventh inning

Andrus: Rangers know the stakes as plate woes continue 2:20

Andrus: Rangers know the stakes as plate woes continue