Visitors looking to the clouds to check the weather at the Main St. Fort Worth Arts Festival will likely notice a number of construction cranes dotting the skyline.
A boom is going on downtown, with many buildings under construction. Here’s a rundown on what’s being built.
And yes, there could be some storm clouds worth watching, especially on Saturday and Sunday.
The weather, however, should be near perfect on Thursday and Friday, so enjoy.
Never miss a local story.
If you go
- Main St. Fort Worth Arts Festival, downtown Fort Worth
- Hours: Thursday: 10 a.m.-10 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-11 p.m.; Sunday 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Cost: Free, but you’ll need to buy tickets to purchase food and drinks.
- Parking: Numerous parking garages will be open downtown. Details at fortworthparking.com
- Street closures: Scheduled throughout the weekend, but some lanes will be open during rush hour on Thursday and Friday.
- Shuttle service: Shuttle on Saturday: Avoid the traffic and take a shuttle from Billy Boy’s Texas in the Stockyards or Farrington Field, west of downtown. $3 for round trip (kids 12 and under free). You can also take the Trinity Railway Express each day of the festival. Bicycle parking also available.
- More info: mainstreetartsfest.org